Thursday, August 11, 2011

Don't Come Before God With Sin

Jerm 7:9-11
9 “‘Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known, 10 and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, “We are safe”—safe to do all these detestable things? 11 Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the LORD.


God is speaking to His people and convicting them of disobeying Him, yet to go back to Him and worship him. God is warning them to turn away from disobedience or punishment will come to His people.

I have to recognize that God is a Righteous God, and He can not stand sin, so for me to make like my sins are not worth much is to diss God. I need to recognize that sin is neither great nor small, but still separated from God, and that I need to repent of my sins, and turn from the world and allow Jesus to be my Savior.

Father God, You are righteous, and just. I repent of the wrongs that I do, or think, or act, and I turn away from them. Save me Jesus. Make me new by Your blood. Allow me to focus on You. I make You my Lord and my Savior. Reign in my life, Lord. I thank you so much for who You are, and the greatness of the Lord my God. I thank You again. I pray over the missions team that is going to Sri Lanka. Lord, protect them, and use them I pray. I ask that You do great things in them and through them, that many will come to know You. I pray for the worship team, that they may have more of a heart to yearn for You. That Your people may desire You. I thank you for what You are doing, and I pray all these things in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: