Sunday, July 31, 2011

So Desperate For You To Reign

Isaiah 64:8-9
8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
9 Do not be angry beyond measure, LORD;
do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look on us, we pray,
for we are all your people.


This is a cry to the Lord to return to His people. The people have sinned and so God has abandoned His people, but this prayer is a desperate cry to reach out so that He will return to His people.

I don't think we need to fall so far away from God to realize how desperate we need Him. We need to allow Him to reign in our lives. We need to be so desperate for the Lord and allow Him to use us, to mold us as clay, and allow Him to be Lord in our lives.

Father God, I am desperate for You. I need You. I know that without You, I am but yet a man living in sin. I want to remember my first love for You. How I long to be with You every moment. To bask in Your Holy Presence. Lord, I pray that I not sin, but to be so desperate for You and run to You. I pray for a heart to seek after You more and more each day. I thank You so much for my life, and the blessings and family and strength to continue each and everyday in a joyful heart. I give thanks for the praise that I can have to praise You. Lord, reign in my life. Speak to me. I give You all the glory and highest praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: