Thursday, May 26, 2011

Overcome Sin Through Jesus

Romans 7:21-25
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.


The author of this book is trying to describe the human war waging inside our hearts. This is the war of our flesh vs. our spirit. Our flesh wants to sin and desires what is not good, but our spirits wants to do what is of the Lord.

It is through Christ Jesus that we are free from sin, and it is through the Holy Spirit that gives us strength to continue to overcome our fleshly desires. I know that sometimes, sin is creeping at our doors, but we can overcome sin through Christ who strengthens me.

Father God, I give you all the glory and honor and praise. I know that You are good, and greatly to be praised. I am only man, and sin and spirit keep battling, but only through Jesus may I be able to overcome. Lord, I ask that You be so real in my life. I ask that Your Holy Spirit give me the strength to continue to overcome. I make You first in my life. I honor and praise Your name. I pray this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments: