Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fixed On The Most High God

Psalms 141:8-10
8 But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign LORD;
in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.
9 Keep me safe from the traps set by evildoers,
from the snares they have laid for me.
10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
while I pass by in safety.

The prayer here to the Lord is to be safe from the enemy. They ask the Lord to keep them safe, and that they may focus their attention on Him.

I need that to be my prayer as well. I want to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus. I delight in His presence. I know that they enemy is constantly setting traps and trying to make me lose my focus, but I pray against that.

Father God, I give you all the praise because You deserve all the praise. You set the moon and the stars in its place. You are the God of the Universe, and You humbled Yourself as man because You loved me so much. I praise You and glory You. I pray that I may continue to keep my eyes fixed on You. Let no others keep me from my love for You. Give me the strength to continue this race. Allow a protection against the enemy to be set in place, that they many not let me waver from You. I am in awe of the most high God. I give you thanks and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: