Monday, April 25, 2011

Filled With God's Goodness

Matt 12:33-35
33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.


Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees here about the wicked thought that they have, and the intentions that they possess. He speaks of the heart, and that what is of the heart is what a person will speak or act on.

I believe God wants good to be stored up in our hearts His goodness. It is better to immerse myself in the things that or Godly, righteous, and just, instead of wicked and evil things, because the things that go into me is what will come out.

Father God, I thank you so much for the Holy Spirit that You have given me. I pray for Your glory to reign here on earth. I declare Your righteousness to be so real in the lives of Your people. I pray for the lost, those that do not know Your love. I pray that they may receive Your gift that You have offered, that they may know You and know Your great and mighty ways. I ask that You give me a clean heart, one that is yearning for the goodness of Christ. I pray for the things that I immerse myself in, that it may be good and pleasing to You. I ask this so that I may be filled by goodness, faithfulness, and righteousness. Allow me to draw closer and closer to You each day Lord. I pray this in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: