Friday, April 22, 2011

Ask For Helpers To Help

Matt 9:36-38
36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”


I know that God wants His people to be saved, and that there are few willing to do so. He says here that there is a crowd that does not know God, and that only few are there to share the good news. We must do our part, but also pray for more helpers.

The rhema that God is speaking to me about here is that, sometimes we try to do things all by ourselves. We do things all on our own, but God wants us to pray for others to help, to have others be used by Him.

Father God, I thank you for this passage. It shows me that I am not here for myself, but that You are here for me, and that You want so much more others to be there along side me, that I do not need to do it alone. Lord, I pray for helpers to come. I pray for more to shepherd Your people. Let Your name be glorified in all this. I give you all the honor and glory and thanks in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: