Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blessing Others To Be A Blessing

Matt 6:2-4
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.


God is speaking about boasting and pride, and when giving, people can sometimes want the attention that comes with it, but here, it states that we should do it with a humble heart.

We were just talking about giving to the poor tonight in our bible study session. I was sharing my stories about how I've given different things to those in need. I was sharing this not to boast or to brag, but to encourage, and that to be humble when giving, that it may not be for the attention, but to bless others.

Father God, I thank you so much for who You are in my life. I thank you for the opportunity to give, that I may have much so that I can give, and that You were the one who gave so much to be my Savior. I give You thanks, Lord. I pray that I may encourage others to be a blessing to others, not for attention, but to bless, that they may also be blessed by You. I give you all the honor and glory in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: