Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Jesus Redeems

Mark 15:27-32
27 They crucified two rebels with him, one on his right and one on his left. 29 Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, “So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, 30 come down from the cross and save yourself!” 31 In the same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself! 32 Let this Messiah, this king of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe.” Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.


It takes a lot of faithfulness and obedience to willingly be crucified. Jesus did this for us. He took the punishment, shame, and abuse so that we may be redeemed.

Jesus could have saved himself, but he chose to be crucified for us. He loved us so much, that God gave His Son to redeem us from out sins. This passage stirs up my spirit, and reminds me of how awesome Jesus is for the things that He had done. The sacrifice that He made, and the humbleness to be God, but be subject to men.

Father God, I thank you for the cross. The Cross that you died on meant that I may be redeemed by Your blood. I thank you so much for being my Savior. I pray for my sins, that disobedience nature, and I pray against it in Jesus name. Wash away my sins, and redeem me. I thank you for all that you have done, and I pray for this thankfulness to resound in my Spirit. I give you praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: