Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Faith and Obedience

Deu 10:3-5
3 So I made the ark out of acacia wood and chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I went up on the mountain with the two tablets in my hands. 4 The LORD wrote on these tablets what he had written before, the Ten Commandments he had proclaimed to you on the mountain, out of the fire, on the day of the assembly. And the LORD gave them to me. 5 Then I came back down the mountain and put the tablets in the ark I had made, as the LORD commanded me, and they are there now.


The Lord commanded Moses to make the tablets and go up the mountain, stay there for forty days, and then go back down the mountain with the words on the tablet. In faith, Moses obeyed the commands.

Just thinking about carrying two huge stone tablets up a big mountain, and staying there for forty days sounds really outrageous to me, but through faith, if God speaks a command, I would act out in faith.

Father God, I thank you for your word. I give you praise and glory because You deserve it. I honor your name with the highest praise. I ask for this word of faith and obedience, that I may know Your word, and that I may hear Your voice. I pray that I have faith to obey, and that through obedience, I may grow in my faith. Thank you for all these things, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: