Monday, February 14, 2011

Thank God For Empathizing

Acts 25:16-18
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 Relieve the troubles of my heart
and free me from my anguish.
18 Look on my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.


When I read this passage, the Lord speaks to me about emotions, and the emotions that we have when we are down and are in trouble. These feelings are natural, but God speaks for being able to relate and empathize with us. He speaks of lifting us up and protecting and saving us.

I am human and I also feel at times when I am in anguish and distress. I read this passage and the Holy Spirit overcomes me with His Spirit and I know that He knows how I feel. I am so glad that we have a God that knows us.

Father God, I thank you so much for everything that you have done for me. I pray over these words, that it may be blessed. I ask that Your Holy Spirit be my comforter. Comfort my heart when I need You. I thank you much. I pray a prayer of Thanksgiving for who You are to me. Continue to guide me and encourage me, Lord. I need it. I love You for all these things and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: