Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Take Shelter In The Lord

Psalms 25:20-21
20 Guard my life and rescue me;
do not let me be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope, LORD, is in you.

David's plea here is to cry out to God to cover him and protect him. This passage shares a word of crying out to God to be over your life and to take refuge under Him.

A lot of times, I can take pride in myself and find that I can do things on my own, but what God is revealing to me is to always be under His refuge. I need to put my hope not in myself, but to put my trust in the Lord.

God, You are so great and Your name deserves more and more praise, more than anyone can ever give. You loved me so much, that You came and died for me. You lifted me up above the penalty that I owe, and You rescued me from the enemy. Lord, thank you so much for everything. I pray that I always put my hope and my trust in You. I want to be under Your refuge and shelter. I pray that You take me in, and cover me with Your Holy Spirit. I thank you so much, Lord. I give you all the thanks, even though I know nothing can ever surmount the blessings that You have given to me. I give you all the praise and glory in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: