Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Take Comfort In The Lord

Psalms 23:1-6
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


David writes this passage to express his feelings and emotions on how comforting and protected he feels as the Lord is part of his life. He expresses the peace that he has knowing that the Lord is at his side.

When I read this, I also feel safe, and peaceful. I know that the Lord is with me, and that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and that I can overcome the enemy through the blood of Jesus Christ. This passage gives me hope, peace, and confidence in the Lord.

Father God, I pray over these words that You have spoken over my life. I pray for your anointing just be overflowed into my life. I take comfort in You, Lord, and I praise Your name in all things. Take the glory, because You above all deserve it. thank you for all that you have done for me, and continue to guide me, and direct me according to Your will. I pray a hedge of protection over my life, that I be under cover by Your grace. Thank you so much, and I pray this in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: