Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Eagerness To Be Fed By His Word

Acts 17:10-12
10 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.


The people of Berea studied the Word that Paul and the others preached. They decided to evaluate what they said, and found it to be true. They intensely sought the Word of the Lord.

Although I may not be in a Berean class, I also desire to dive into the Word of God. I want to learn more and know more of Him. I need to be eager to be fed by Him.

Father God, I thank you for this passage, that it may encourage me to seek You more and learn more about You. I pray over your words, that it may speak into my Spirit, and feed me. I pray that I may continue to desire You and seek You and Your Word each day. Speak me to Lord. I pray for more of You. Thank you for all you have done. Thank you for Your Holy Spirit, that You may continue to be here with me. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: