Saturday, February 05, 2011

Awake For The Holy Spirit

Acts 12:6-7
6 The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.


Peter was "out of the moment" and was unaware of what was going on when the angel came. The angel hit him on his side to wake him up. When he woke up, the chains fell off of him.

I find that sometimes, God has to "wake us up" because we are sleeping. He gets our attention and shows us the way and guides us. I need to be ready for whatever happens as God leads.

Lord Jesus, Holy is Your name. I give you glory and honor and praise. I pray for Your name to be lifted higher than anything else. I give you praise that is pleasing to you. I thank you for the blessings that you have provided for me. I pray for a ready spirit, that I may not be unaware of Your presence, but be wake to be led by You. Lord, keep me ever listening to Your Holy Spirit. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: