Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Grace Saves

Acts 15:8-11
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”


Peter addresses the issue here to not put more restrictions and burdens to the non-Jews who accepted Christ. He reminds the people that it is by grace that we are saved.

God saved us by grace through the works of Jesus Christ. It is not by what we know, or who we are, or what we do, but by grace. So then, we do not need to put a burden on ourselves, but just know that grace saved us.

Father God, you are so Holy and Majestic. You are awesome and great and deserve all the praises that I give to you. I give thanks for who You are in my life. I thank you for a undeserving life, that I may be saved by You. Thank you so much, for not what I do, but by Your grace for me. Thank you for reminding me of the Love that You have for me. I pray for the blood of Jesus to be so powerful in my life. Allow your Spirit to take hold of my life and guide me. I thank you and praise you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: