Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pleading For This Generation

Acts 2:40-41
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.


What spoke out to me here was kind of amusing because it really stuck out that it says here that "with many words" peter pleaded for them to save themselves from this corrupt generation. With many words. I wondered why this phrase was used to describe this passage, and it hit me that it wasn't easy. Peter's address urged them, pleaded to them, and used many words.

It's the same before, and it's the same today, where it is so hard to urge and plead for this generation. Sometimes we may have to use many words, sometimes we may have to use actions, but this generation is in dire need of a Savior.

Father God, let your name be lifted higher than any other name. I give you all the glory and the honor and thanksgiving. Thank you for who you are in my life, and continue to do great things in me and through me. I pray for this generation, for the people young and old, that you may change culture, you may change perspectives, you may change the very nature of our lives. Speak to us through your mighty words, and I pray that the enemy release his hold on this generation. I declare you Holy Spirit to do a great work in the lives of these people. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: