Monday, January 24, 2011

Even After The Storm

Exodus 9:33-35
33 Then Moses left Pharaoh and went out of the city. He spread out his hands toward the LORD; the thunder and hail stopped, and the rain no longer poured down on the land. 34 When Pharaoh saw that the rain and hail and thunder had stopped, he sinned again: He and his officials hardened their hearts. 35 So Pharaoh’s heart was hard and he would not let the Israelites go, just as the LORD had said through Moses.


Let's look at the perspective of the Pharaoh. In the storm, he is frightened and seeks Moses to get the Lord to stop the storm. Once the storm stops, Pharaoh continues to sin again. I don't blame Pharaoh, because we are all like him, because when we are in the storm, we cry out to the Lord, but when we are not in the storm, we sin again.

I want to be able to be obedient even when a storm is not around. I want to be able to praise God through the good and the bad. I can't do it alone, but I need God to help me get through storms AND continue to live life for him.

Father God, I thank you so much for all the great things you have done for me. I pray for a blessing and a hedge of protection from the enemy. Allow my heart to be changed by You and for You, so that I may be steadfast for You. I give you glory and honor when times are good and when times are bad. Let me continue to focus on You. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: