Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Words Out Of Our Mouths

Titus 1 :10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, 11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.


The mouth is a very powerful part of ourselves. The tongue that speaks things speak into the lives of those around us, leading, guiding, influencing. This can be used for both uplifting, and deceiving. It is more common to use the tongue and our mouths with the things we say to mislead, to cut down, to deceive, to bring negative outcomes, but that is not what we are called to do.

I need to commit myself to uplifting others, to encourage others, to guide in the way of Jesus, to bring His words to those without, and to speak the truth of the Lord through myself. I need to commit my words as those that are from the Lord.

Father God, I thank you so much for who you are and all that you have blessed me with. I pray that I be cognitive of the things that I say, that it be uplifting to your kingdom. Let the words that I speak be spoken in truth of who You are. I give you all the glory with the words that should and will come out of myself. Keep my spirit clean, pure, and holy, because what comes out of my mouth spawns from within. I pray this that You may be exalted high. In Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: