Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Be Ready For Your Purpose

2 Tim 4:2-5
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.


God is charging us with instructions and encouragement to go and be bold and to fulfill the commission that was given to us.

He advises to be ready, prepared, and to look out for those against, but to speak truth to those without. I desire to have a purpose, God's purpose, in my life, and I pray that I may be ready and able to fulfill the commission that was given.

Father, I give thanks to your name. It is great and you deserve all the glory and honor and praise, to be lifted higher and higher. You have given us a purpose, and I pray for that purpose, not just the general purpose, but my individual purpose, that I may fight towards that goal. I know that it will be tough, to be bold, to change and speak the truth, but I know that you are with me, that Your Holy Spirit gives me strength and boldness. I thank you so much Lord. I give you and look to You for guidance. I give you praise in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: