Friday, November 19, 2010

Spoken Into A Man Of God

Titus 2:6-8
6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.


Wow, when reading through these words, it brings me such awe to a person who would be described as something like this, but that is what God has in store for us. He is speaking these things into our lives. He wants us to be a pattern of good works, he wants no opponent of ours to be able to speak evil of us. And, He is lifting us up to be these things.

I know that through Christ, I can be one who He has called me to be. I can achieve the integrity and be beyond reproach because He is with me, and all these things can be done through Christ Jesus.

Father God, I pray for these words that you have spoken and given to me. I pray over them, that I may act in according to Your words. I don't want my own actions be driven by my human emotions, but I pray that Your words lead me to be pure, and holy, and a man of God. I give you all these things, I by Your blood, allow me to follow through. Give me the strength Holy Spirit. I pray this in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: