Saturday, September 18, 2010

The World's Standards, Or God's Grace

1 Tim 5:8
8If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.


This passage gives instructions on how to live, and this passage speaks of providing for relatives, but it speaks more than that. Beyond providing for family, it shows that followers of Christ are held to a higher standard because we are held to God's standards. We need to be beyond reproach in providing for family and everything else in life.

What makes me stand out in my world? How do people see Christ in me? My standard should not be like that of the world, but should be like that of Christ. Not just should I provide for my family, but even beyond that that shows God's love.

Father God, I honor You and praise You because You deserve all the praise and glory. Let these words sink into my spirit and instill in me a desire to live life that shows God's grace to others. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to guide me and strengthen me. I need more and more of You. I give you all the thanks, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: