Sunday, September 26, 2010

God Is So Generous

1 Tim 6:17-18
17Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.


God seeks to lead us closer to Him and this passage tells the same thing. It shows us that money is not the answer, that it can lead you towards a path not taken, but to put our hope in Christ.

What I got out of this passage is that that God is speaking about our faith. Whether it be faith in money, or people, or other things, God wants us to leave our focus on those things, because it can never be the answer, but to put our faith and hope in Him, who provides us all things, over and abundant.

Father God, I thank you so much for all the things that you have blessed me with. I give you all the thanks because you are so generous. Let me put my faith and hope in You and You alone. I can not thank you enough, but allow me to continue to thank you each and every day. Let my focus be on You, Lord. Allow me to be generous and caring and loving as You have loved me. I pray this all in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: