Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God's Standards For Influence

1 Tim 3:2-3
2Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.


God speaks to the people here on how to act, to be someone with influence means that you are held to a higher standard since influence can lead others. God gives some instructions on how to conduct oneself, both internal and external concerns.

This is definitely something that speaks near and dear to my heart. Pastor Brian and Andy from Fairwood Church were just teaching on this during the Youth Leaders meeting, to be held to a higher standard since they are leading, shepherding, and influencing the Youth. I need to be cognitive of my own actions, and controlled about my approach as God leads me into relationships and influences of others.

Father God, I thank you for this word that speaks so strongly to my Spirit. I pray that You guide me through your grand wisdom on how to conduct myself in all ways. I pray for a discerning spirit to approach myself in the way that You want. You are awesome and I thank you for redirecting me in this. I give you all the glory, and let it be known that You are my God. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: