Friday, May 28, 2010

Allow God's Words To Be God Breath

1 Thess 2:13
13And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.


The words that we read and hear from the Lord can sometime come at us so humanly, and losing its rhema and the breath that makes it the word of God.

My devotional life and my seeking of God's words has not been so disciplined lately, and many times it also lacks God's breath and rhema, but this passage reminds me that God's words speak life in me. I need to allow God's words to not be so material, but to be God breathed.

Father God, I thank you again for your wonderful words, because you speak life into me. Your blessings and grace are so great. I know I am blessed, because You are such a great God. I thank you for this reminder and to speaking rhema into my life. Change me from the inside out. Give me a passion for your words and to seek you more and more each day. Allow me to be disciplined in my devotion to You. I honor you, I give thanks, I give you praise, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: