Monday, March 15, 2010

These Rules Give God Glory

Exodus 30:30-33
30 "Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests. 31 Say to the Israelites, 'This is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. 32 Do not pour it on men's bodies and do not make any oil with the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. 33 Whoever makes perfume like it and whoever puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from his people.' "


Here, God is speaking to Moses to make a special kind of anointing oil to be used to anoint the holy places and the priest.

When I read this passage, and this example of using the special oil only for the priests, I was thinking why so harsh and why so strict with the rules. But, I realized through the Holy Spirit that these are laws given to the people of the time as a way for them to follow and obey in worship to Him.

Father God, I pray that Your words may not return void. Allow your awesome words to speak life into me. I pray for your anointing, that You may bless me and bless those around me. Use me for Your purpose. Even with laws and rules, allow these things to be used to give you glory. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: