Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Lasting Relationship With God

Exodus 31:14-17
14 " 'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. 15 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. 16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. 17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.' "


God gave the Israelites the law to observe the sabbath, to not do any work on that day, to rest in remembrance and as a lasting ordinance of their relationship with the Lord.

The rhema that i had from reading this passage is that no other god has a relationship with His people than God alone. He even has a relationship where He wants us to rest from work. That is so awesome!

Father God, You are so awesome. You are the great and mighty one who created all things and set us apart from all creation. You are amazing. You have a lasting relationship with me and all men. You have set things in place to keep that relationship. I pray that I may keep my relationship with you so close. I pray that Your Holy Spirit help me in doing so. I love You and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: