Thursday, March 11, 2010

Being Distinguished For The Lord

Exodus 28:2-3
2 Make sacred garments for your brother Aaron, to give him dignity and honor. 3 Tell all the skilled men to whom I have given wisdom in such matters that they are to make garments for Aaron, for his consecration, so he may serve me as priest.


God told Moses to make clothes, special clothing for Aaron the priest to wear. These clothes not only distinguished Aaron and the priests, but also separated them to honor the Lord.

Just like priests wearing special clothing to distinguish themselves, I think to myself if I am distinguished for the Lord? What kind of things distinguish me from everyone else. Is it just clothes, no, I think it's the Christ like faith and character that God has instilled in me.

Father God, I thank you so much for who You are and that You are so Holy. I honor you, and I do so through my life. Allow your glory to be shown through me. Let me "wear" You, so that You may be glorified. I pray that You give me courage and strength through the Holy Spirit. I pray this in the name of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: