Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Not Us, But God Does The Impossible

Exodus 5:15-21
15 Then the Israelite foremen went and appealed to Pharaoh: "Why have you treated your servants this way? 16 Your servants are given no straw, yet we are told, 'Make bricks!' Your servants are being beaten, but the fault is with your own people."

17 Pharaoh said, "Lazy, that's what you are—lazy! That is why you keep saying, 'Let us go and sacrifice to the LORD.' 18 Now get to work. You will not be given any straw, yet you must produce your full quota of bricks."

19 The Israelite foremen realized they were in trouble when they were told, "You are not to reduce the number of bricks required of you for each day." 20 When they left Pharaoh, they found Moses and Aaron waiting to meet them, 21 and they said, "May the LORD look upon you and judge you! You have made us a stench to Pharaoh and his officials and have put a sword in their hand to kill us."


This must have been a frustrating time for the people of Israel as well as for Moses. They were tasked to to an impossible job and were beaten for not doing it. The people started to blame Moses for this.

There will be times where I will get frustrated and I will feel like I am tasked with something that is impossible to do. I must trust in the Lord and lean not on my own strength, but to trust that He will enable me to succeed.

Father God, You are the mighty One. I honor You because You are the only one that deserves it. I pray for my situation and my feeling of not being able to do the impossible. Holy Spirit, comfort me and ease my mind to trust You in all that I do. I allow You to be the impossible, not me. I give you all the glory in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: