Sunday, January 31, 2010

God, Do A Work In Us

Exodus 4:10-14
10 Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”
11 So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD? 12 Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.”
13 But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.”
14 So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and He said: "Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.


It is hard to remember that Moses was not always the obedient and leader he turned out to be. In the beginning, he was a scared and frightened man who did not feel like he could do things for the Lord. The Lord was with Moses and used him and those around him to get God's plan done.

A lot of God's miracles seem instantaneous, but sometimes is is a journey and some journey's such as Moses' start off with one who is not capable and is afraid. The Holy Spirit does a work in our spirit and changes us from the inside out. We can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Father God, I thank you for who You are. You are the miracle worker, you are the Almighty, the beginning and the end. There is no one else like You. You change us and guide us and never leave us. Lord, I know through the testimony of Moses that You can do all things. There is nothing You can not do. I pray for strength from You. Lord, I pray for Your Holy Spirit to give me strength to continue the good works that you have set out for me. I pray that You be gloried. In Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: