Saturday, January 30, 2010

God Draws Us Towards Him

Exodus 3:1-3
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up."


This is when God shows up to Moses inside a burning bush. Moses does not know that it is God in there at first, so he goes over to check it out to realize that God is speaking to Moses.

I find a lot of the same thinking in what Moses did. If at first, I see a burning bush, I would think the same way Moses did and go over and check it out. I think God sometimes uses our own nature and curiosity to drawn us into Him. If Moses didn't feel the need to check out the burning bush, I'm sure He would have found another way to draw the attention of Moses.

Father God, You are Mighty and Mighty to be praises forever and ever because You are the God of this place. Lord, You call us and sometimes we never know it. I pray that I may know when you call. Allow me to hear You. Let my nature be drawn to You. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to guide me and that I may seek after You. Thank you so much. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: