Friday, February 05, 2010

Not To Be Prideful

Exodus 8:6-7
6 So Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt, and the frogs came up and covered the land. 7 But the magicians did the same things by their secret arts; they also made frogs come up on the land of Egypt.


Just like some of the previous miracles, the Pharaoh's magicians did their tricks and sorcery to mirror God's miracles. In this instance, they would also bring frogs out from the rivers and ponds.

When I read this, I was thinking, "why would they do that? Wouldn't they want to send the frogs away?" In realizing what was going on, God's words revealed that this was a act of pride for the magicians. They wanted to be as powerful as the one who was doing all these miracles through Moses and Aaron; they wanted to be look upon as gods. Pride leads to sin, which leads to death.

Lord Jesus, You are so awesome. It is so mind blowing that you were God in Heaven, yet you humbled yourself to be like man. I pray that Your humility would cover the pride that resides in me. I pray against my pride, that I may not be led into temptation, but to lead a life that is pleasing to You. Let me trust in You. I pray that You may be glorified in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: