Friday, February 12, 2010

The Glory Of God In Faith

Exodus 14:28-31
28 The water flowed back and covered the chariots and horsemen—the entire army of Pharaoh that had followed the Israelites into the sea. Not one of them survived.

29 But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. 30 That day the LORD saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. 31 And when the Israelites saw the great power the LORD displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the LORD and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.


This is a record of God leading His people through dry land and defeating the enemy that were pursuing them. God fulfilled his promise to the Israelites and freed them from the Egyptians.

This is the classic story of Moses and the sea that they crossed. It would be amazing to see God's glory in such wonder. I could imagine being one of those Israelites who crossed the sea on dry ground. Would I have enough faith that the wall of water would not kill me?

Father God, you are so good. You are great and mighty and all powerful. You split bodies of water with a thought. You move mountains and remove enemies. I pray for your glory to be known. Let your glory be known to my enemies, to those who pursue me, and those that harden their hearts towards you. I pray for all to come to know Your love for them. I pray this in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: