Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Purpose Is Jesus

Exodus 13:14-16
14 "In days to come, when your son asks you, 'What does this mean?' say to him, 'With a mighty hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the LORD killed every firstborn in Egypt, both man and animal. This is why I sacrifice to the LORD the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.' 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the LORD brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand."


God is using this tradition of the unleavened bread and the sacrificing of the animals for the first born as a reminder of what had happened and what God did for His people.

There are a lot of times that traditions are forgotten and they turn into meaningless acts, but God is reminding us of His love and His passion for me and you. We must remember what God's purpose was and what He has done for us.

Father God, there are so many things that I do, yet I do not do it with a heart that is after yours. I pray that I may not forget the reason that I do things, whether it be traditional things or just going through the motions. I pray that I always have a purpose, and that purpose is in You. I pray that I may honor You and give you glory. I pray all this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: