Sunday, January 17, 2010

By The Grace Of God

Dan 9:17-19
17 "Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. 18 Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name."


Daniel is praying in petition for his people, crying out to God to show mercy to them and to rescue them from the consequences that they deserve.

I like the theme that was clearly pointed out in Daniel's prayer, that we request and ask not because we are righteous, but because we serve a merciful and gracious God.

Father God, the maker of the heavens and the earth, the holy and mighty one who deserves all the praises of his people. Who am I to give you praise and glory, but you are the one who knows me and delights in your servant's praise. You are righteous, and I am definitely not. It is not my own strength that I am able to praise, worship, and live my life for you, but it is by your grace and mercy that You have allowed me to love you, because you first loved me. Thank you Lord. You are awesome. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: