Monday, December 07, 2009

Salvation Through Faith

Romans 10:9-10
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


Paul is comparing the unbelieving person to one that is trusting in God. He says one that believes not only does what the law says, but undoubtedly declares through faith that Jesus is their Savior.

It is not the act of believing and saying, but the faith that is bestowed behind the act that gives ones life to Jesus. When we are lacking in faith, by the help of the Holy Spirit, we may believe in faith that Jesus is Lord.

Father God, awesome is Your name. You are the only one who deserves the praises that we give. No one else is gloried more than You, because you are the almighty God. I declare right now that You are my Savior, my Redeemer, my God. I thank you so much for being who you are. I give you all the honor and glory. Let your will be done. In Jesus Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: