Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Don't Be Busy Bodies

Romans 9:30-33
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:

“ Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”


Paul shows us passion for the Jews, his own people, as they are lost and need to be led back to Christ. He displays his emotions here, showing them that they have it all wrong, that it is not by works, but by faith that they may come to know the Lord.

I like how this passage signifies how men behave. It shows that we, or people represented by the Jews, work for righteousness, so much that we can't see what is in front of us. Jesus is in front of us and we can't see it since we are being busy bodies doing things to be righteous, but Jesus offers grace of Salvation to God.

God, You are so awesome. You are the Lord of all the Universe. I thank you for what you have blessed me with and I thank you for the Love that you have shown me. Thank you for this passage to remind me that You are right here for me, giving me the grace of Salvation through faith. I pray that I may not be blinded by busyness, but to put my focus on You. I thank you so much, and I love you Jesus. In Your mighty and glory name I pray this.
Amen.

No comments: