Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Doxology - Words Of Praise To Jesus

Romans 11:33-36
Doxology
33Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
34"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?"
35"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?"
36For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.


Right at the end of this chapter, Paul speaks of God's mercy to the people, both to Gentiles, as well as to the Jews. Afterward, it is so fitting to express words of glory and praise to God through this hymn.

I don't think we give glory to God enough. We can always praise Him more and more each day for all that he has done, is doing, and will do. At the end of the chapter, Paul just gives praise to God. Sometimes, I need to just give praises to God.

Father, Christ Jesus, You are so awesome. You are the perfecter and finisher. I can never give You more praise than You deserve. You deserve it all. I thank you for reminding me to take time out to appreciate You. I love you, Jesus. You have given me the hope and faith to continue on. You have blessed me with so much. I give you thanks. You are so huge, I can never grasp you. I can only enjoy who you are. Thank you Jesus. I give you all the honor and glory and praise.
Amen.

No comments: