Wednesday, December 09, 2009

God's Giftings To Be Used To Give Him Glory

Romans 12:5-8
5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.


This passage is part of Paul's letter of living our lives as sacrifices. Each person has a role and purpose that God has given to them. We may live for Christ through the purpose and gifting that He has called us for.

When I read this passage, I think that, not only is it important to use your gifting to glorify God, but it is just as important to first of all know what your gifting is. In finding it, use it with all your heart, mind, and spirit to glorify Jesus.

Father God, You are so awesome. You are the greatest. I thank you for gifts and talent that you have given to me. I thank you for all of it. Allow me to use it to please You and to further Your kingdom and purpose. I thank you so much. Lord, bless it multiple times, let it be fruitful. I give you all of the praise and glory in Jesus Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: