Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanking God For What He Will Do

Acts 27:33-36
33Just before dawn Paul urged them all to eat. "For the last fourteen days," he said, "you have been in constant suspense and have gone without food—you haven't eaten anything. 34Now I urge you to take some food. You need it to survive. Not one of you will lose a single hair from his head." 35After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat. 36They were all encouraged and ate some food themselves.


Here, Paul is giving thanks to God for what He is going to do. Even before God rescues them, Paul is thanking Him.

This just shows the amount of faith that Paul has. Thanksgiving is coming up and we always give thanks for what we currently have or have had, but not many times, we give thanks for what God is going to do in our lives.

Father God, I want to thank you for the blessings that you have given to me, but I want to also thank you for what you have set in my life. You have plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans for hope and a future. I thank you for that. I want to give you all of my thanks, because you are with me. I thank you so much in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: