Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Life Is Not Fair

Romans 5:18-20
18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


When I read this passage, I think of fairness. You would think that it would not seem fair that sin is in the world one man's misdeed, yet, if things were fair, then we would not have the grace that abounds all sin for us.

Although one man brought sin into this world, we all sin and have fallen short of God's righteousness. It is only because it is not fair, that God is able to give grace, through Christ Jesus, that we may be redeemed.

Father God, I thank you for grace that redeems. I thank you for your Son who died on the Cross and rose to life, so that I may be redeemed. I thank you that life is not fair, because if it were fair, then I would be deserving of death. I pray that I may always be in your grace. Allow me to live more in accordance with what You want instead of what I want. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: