Monday, November 23, 2009

Not By Works, But By Faith In Jesus

Romans 4:13-15
13It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, 15because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.


It is not through works that men are made righteous, but by the faith that they may believe that Jesus died for their sins and on the third day rose to life to overcome death. Faith in Jesus gives us grace to the law, for He is our redeemer.

This passage speaks of a faith that is lifting us up out of our own works, but placing us in the hands of Jesus, who did it all and overcame sin for us. We don't need to do anything, except trust in Jesus.

Father God, I believe in faith that my redemption is not in my own works, but that I may put my faith in You. I believe that the walls of sin can not hold down the glory of the God who created the Universe, who defeats death, and who saves men. I pray that my faith expound beyond what I can ever do on my own, but through the Holy Spirit gives me faith to move mountains. I thank you for all this, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: