Friday, November 27, 2009

Sin Is Not Your Master

Romans 6:11-14
11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.


This passage about the grace that God has given to us is about the life that God took us to, leaving our sinful ways, but through God's grace, is able to be free.

When you give your life to Jesus, sin will not be your master, but Jesus leads the way. I am reminded that our fleshly desires and our sinful nature is that of the past, but God's righteousness is restored into us.

Father God, I thank you for the lie that you have redeemed me to. I thank you for the life that your grace has saved me from, because I am dead to sin and it has no power over me, but I am alive in Christ, my savior and redeemer. I want to give you all the glory and I want to thank you Holy Spirit for reminding me of how great you are.
Amen.

No comments: