Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sunday To Celebrate Together Our Living God

Acts 20:7
7On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.


Saturday was the Sabbath for the Jews, and so for them, the first day of the week was Sunday. They started to meet on Sunday to also celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.

My knowledge of the Bible is still so very little when I come across verses like these, that reveal to me the understanding of the culture of the people back then to give me revelation now. All these times, I thought Sunday is our Sabbath, just like how Jews have theirs on Saturday, but now I know that Saturday is our Sabbath as well, and we do the same thing as the early church and meet on the first day of the week, Sunday, to celebrate the resurrection of Christ Jesus.

Father God, I thank you for your resurrection. For you lived and died, so that I may truely live. Thank you Lord. Thank you for letting me live in a land that can celebrate that great act. I give you all the glory in Your mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: