Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Knowing His Words Through Daily Devotions

Acts 19:8-10
8Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. 9But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. 10This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.


Paul tried to share the word of the Lord to those in the synagogue, yet he continued to have the sharing of the word even though those who didn't want to hear it. He had these "daily" discussions.

These daily discussions are like our daily devotions. It is vital to read the word and allow God to reveal Himself through His words.

Father God, I pray for revelation. I ask that Your words reveal more of You in it. Holy Spirit, anoint the rhema that is revealed to me. I pray to draw closer and closer to You. Speak to me, just like before when I was so close to You. I ask this that I may know You more. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: