Thursday, October 29, 2009

Showing True Passion

Acts 21:12-14
12When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. 13Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." 14When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, "The Lord's will be done."


Paul knows that there is danger when going to Jerusalem, yet His passion to share the gospel compels him to still go.

The Holy Spirit has given Paul the passion to go and do great things. Even through dangers, Paul is able to suffer for the Christ.

Father God, Paul knew what passion was, just as You did. This passage shows me the true nature of passion and what being passionate about You really is. I pray that I may be steadfast, focused on You, and able to draw on Your strength when coming against tough times. Let me be passionate and fight through and overcome through Christ who strengthens me. I pray this to lift You up.
Amen.

No comments: