Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sin Should Be Of Great Concern

Jer 2:11-12
11 Has a nation ever changed its gods?
(Yet they are not gods at all.)
But my people have exchanged their Glory
for worthless idols.

12 Be appalled at this, O heavens,
and shudder with great horror,"
declares the LORD.


The Lord shows us how critical and serious the nation of Israel has turned from Him. He tells us to realize how bad things are, and to reflect of the issue, if it is of concerning matter.

Sin should be a big concern with my life, yet in many situations, whether it be in today's society or culture, certain behavior and sin are diluted down, having less concern on the matter. The Lord said to be "appalled" and concern about the sins that we bare. We need to realize the severity of our mistakes, so that we may turn to the One who can redeem us from our death.

Father God, I pray for a concerning heart, that I may know Your deeds, and know Your will, that I may seek You and have that desire to turn from wicked ways. I thank you Lord for the Holy Spirit to come and to direct my path. I give you all the glory. Protect me I pray, for any physical injuries, from temptation, from the enemy. I pray this in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: