Wednesday, August 12, 2009

God, Like A Father, Loves Us So Much

Jer 3:19
19 "I myself said,
" 'How gladly would I treat you like sons
and give you a desirable land,
the most beautiful inheritance of any nation.'
I thought you would call me 'Father'
and not turn away from following me.


The Lord depicts the imagery of a father and son. Here, a father treats his son with so much love, and gives him everything, yet the son does not follow the father. It is the same with men, how we do not follow our Heavenly Father. How we have turned from Him.

God is so good. He wants to love us, and give us everything, yet we choose to turn from Him. The passage reminds me of how good God is. We are His inheritance through Christ.

Father God, I pray for a desire to follow You. I ask that You may guide me and deliver me from the enemy. I thank you so much for your love for me. I know that I have been delivered through Christ, for Your blood has saved me. I thank you Lord. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: