Friday, August 14, 2009

Breaking From Evil Ties

Jer 4:3-4
3 This is what the LORD says to the men of Judah and to Jerusalem:
"Break up your unplowed ground
and do not sow among thorns.

4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD,
circumcise your hearts,
you men of Judah and people of Jerusalem,
or my wrath will break out and burn like fire
because of the evil you have done—
burn with no one to quench it.


The Lord is speaking to us about our actions and our relationships. He is displeased with the ungodly relationships and actions that we have and that we have committed. He says to break from them, circumcise ourselves from such evils, and to return to Him.

God wants us to be pure and live a righteous life. We stain ourselves through ungodly ties. He wants us to break from these and to cut away anything that is not good.

Father God, I pray for Your heart. Lord, I ask for your Holy Spirit to help me do what You ask of me. I know that You are the Lord my God who redeemed me. I thank you so much for all that you did for me. I want to live according to You, breaking away evil ties. Lord, forgive me for my sins. I thank you. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: