Monday, August 24, 2009

Freed Through Christ Jesus

Jer 5:18-19
18 "Yet even in those days," declares the LORD, "I will not destroy you completely. 19 And when the people ask, 'Why has the LORD our God done all this to us?' you will tell them, 'As you have forsaken me and served foreign gods in your own land, so now you will serve foreigners in a land not your own.'


God passes judgement on the people for turning away from Him. He allows another nation to take over the people, and He allows them to serve others as foreigners in their own land.

God did not intend to have us to be slaves and foreigners in our own place, but to live fruitful and prosperous lives, lives that are entitled to joy around us. Instead, due to our sinful nature, we were bonded by sin, but freed by Christ.

Father God, I thank you for your Son, Christ Jesus, who broke our bonds of sin, and released us to have a life that is not constrained by sin. I pray that this chain of sin never constrain, but always be lifted up through Christ Jesus. I thank you for this passage to remind me that I may live a joyful life through Christ.
Amen.

No comments: