Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finding Rest With My Soul

Jer 6:16-17
16 This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'

17 I appointed watchmen over you and said,
'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!'
But you said, 'We will not listen.'


The book of Jeremiah, and a lot of the books of the Bible, are words from the Lord to cry out to His people to change their wicked ways. God has put many signs to have us turn from our sins, but many times we do not.

Although I may listen to the Lord most of the time, there are times when I go back to my own human nature. I may hear the Lord, but I may not walk in it. I must resist the sin in my life and go where the good way is, and in His promise, we will find rest for our souls.

Father God, I thank you for your words, that it may direct me. I pray for the life of not only my own self, but the lives of others around me, that they may also find the good way, so that we may all find res, which is in You. I pray for strength to follow You no matter what. Only through Your Holy Spirit may I be given the strength to live a holy and righteous life. I pray for this, Lord. Let me be more like You. I glorify you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: